FoodEfficiency is owned by Karin Hansen who has a master degree in Dairy Science and Technology from 1996 and a complementary master in Environmental Management from 2004.
Since 1996 she has worked with quality, environment, safety and product development activities primarily within the food industry in Denmark and Great Britain.
Arla Foods - Global QEHS - Quality Business Partner - Cheese
- Contact and supporting 20+ cheese manufacturing and packaging sites in Denmark, Sweden, Germany, Poland, USA, Canada and Saudi Arabia on quality and food safety issues.
- Facilitator for various network meetings and editor of "Say Cheese" global newsletter to all cheese manufacturing sites within Arla Foods.
- Training, awareness and implementation of global food safety standards (BRC, IFS, FSSC).
- Crises management concerning withdrawals and recalls.
- QEHS assessment of new projects, products and processes (start up of "100% Right First Time" project)
ALECTIA A/S - Senior Engineering Consultant
- Conducting sustainability workshop with international dairy manufacturing clients in order to identify and agree on future business development strategy.
- Development of master plans for dairy production sites, green field sites and extension of current facilities.
- Development of new markets for ALECIA Ltd.
SPX Flow Technology
Global Business Process Program Manager
- Responsible for roll-out, implementation, audit and review of a global business process program for 10 project and engineering sites in APAC, Americas and EMEA.
QA and Warranty Manager
- Re-development and implementation of Quality Management System for the Nordic region covering sale, service, assembly and project activities.
R&D Project Manager
- Implementation of Stage Gate model to manage R&D activities from initial idea description to final launch of new technologies.
LEGO Group A/S - External Affairs Manager
- Monitoring, communication and implementation of new toy safety requirements within the LEGO Group.
- Chair implementation of LEAN program within global quality department in order to provide better customer service and ensure efficient exchange of knowledge within department as well as the LEGO Group.
- Member in various work-groups within the European Standardization and ISO
Arla Foods UK - Environmental Affairs Manager
- Building up a culture of environmental awareness and pollution prevention within head office and among 14 dairy processing sites in England and Scotland by means of development and implementation of both an EHS management system and an environmental reporting system.
- Program manager for Integrated Pollution Prevention and Control (IPPC) program across 14 dairy processing sites with regular communication to government bodies and trade association.
- Regular KPI and general performance reporting to top management and publication of a public bi-annual environmental statement for the group.
- Responsible for environmental design and control for new dairy facilities (greenfield sites) in Lockerbie and Stourton (Leeds)
Arla Foods amba - Environmental coordinator and consultant, Corporate EHS Department
- Development and implementation of environmental, health and safety (EHS) management system covering all dairy processing activities in Denmark and Sweden.
- Development, testing and roll out of EHS data monitoring and reporting system for Denmark, Sweden, Poland and Saudi Arabia together with 3rd part IT supplier.
- Responsibility for EHS management system audit program and training of internal auditors in Denmark.
- Corporate contact and internal consult on EHS matters for 15+ dairy processing sites.
- Conducting EHS awareness and compliance training at Dairy Collage.
MD Foods amba - Production and Technology Coordinator, Cheese and Liquid Milk Division.
- Planning and coordination of production transfer between sites, focus on quality and food safety.
- Liaise with government bodies on quality and food safety issues and drive product re-call.
- Design and roll out of customer claim management system together with IT department.
- Coordinator for investment initiatives and budget for the division.
- Chairman of division environmental work-group, focus on performance monitoring and knowledge exchange.
- Facilitate production and technology work-group, focus on product safety and product development.
Kløver Mælk, Bov Mejeri (Cheese manufacturing site) - Quality and Product Development Manager
- Responsibility for the quality management (HACCP), laboratory facilities, quality performances and contact to local authorities.
- Facilitating a government sponsored environmental monitoring program and implementing this in the daily production environment.
- Product development manage.
- Quality and food safety support to new production facility in Kozalin, Poland.